dimanche 27 avril 2014

Should I order a Harlequin Tusk Wrasse?

This poll is totally non-scientific. But you guys will act as my "convincing" or "unconvincing" crew. Perhaps I want one so much I am missing a detail and am letting my wanting cloud my judgement.



1. I have a credit of $60 to Bluezoo. But it will expire next year, so no need to order right now. And the fish is expensive.

2. I have a rimless tank, and wrasses are known to jump. Covering is not an option. But I only have one semi-aggressive fish, a Kole Tang, that might spook it.

3. It eats crustaceans. I have a small CUC of Nassariuos and Cerinth snails, as well as dwarf Cerinths. Also two big turbos. I kinda want it to eat the turbos, the Cerinths can be food (it's all food on the reef) and a cleaner shrimp. I'd rather not lose the shrimp. I'd rather not lose the Nassarious, but maybe they hide well enough.

4. My understanding is it is safe for coral

5. I understand it will not bother smaller fish unless they are introduced after. My plan is to add a Bangaii cardinal at the same time. I do have one tiny fish, a rainsford goby. These two (tusk and Bangaii) will be my last fish.



Given these circumstances if you were in my place would you get the fish?



Thanks as always, Helen




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire