mardi 29 avril 2014

bag in the hobby after a break

Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself. I've been out of the hobby for some time and needed something to occupy my time and mind again. I sold all my equipment about 5 years ago when my 75 gal tank got nuked due to a stupid thing on my end.



After the wife begged me to find something to quit bugging her, I decided to get back into it. I decided I wanted a smaller tank and went with a 29 gal biocube I found on craigslist. I've got it up and cycled, a few pieces of my CUC are working on hair algae, and my lawnmower blenny is finding lots of hiding spots.



I had a few little hiccups so far. I lost a mithrix on day 2 and a pep shrimp on day 3 after putting in the first part of my CUC (blenny, 3 red legs, 3 blue legs, pep shrimp, mithrix). Ammonia was at .25, so a WC was done yesterday along with some stability and prime to hopefully prevent the blenny from stress. Not sure why ammonia went up other than too much all at once. Something is clicking in the LR and doesn't want caught...hope it's just a pistol shrimp.



The tank is full of dry rock with 5 lbs of LR added to seed. Things are beginning to purple up and look good. I added a zoa frag and a blue shroom because I couldn't resist. I plan on softies and LPS right now. A RBTA will happen this time around once the tank is more mature.



I live in Nappanee and have no one around that I know that is into the hobby, so I'm hoping to find people nearby to help and maybe trade frags later. If I can resist, I will keep the 29, but someday I'll probably break down for the dream tank.



I'll try to get some pics downloaded today of the progress.



I just wanted to say hey and pleasure to meet you. Feel free to get ahold of me if you live nearby.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire