mercredi 13 septembre 2017

New to salt reef nano 16g possibly?

Hi i am new new to this whole process.... I had a freshwater set up, wanted something different so i sold my freshwater planted tank for this nano. Although it didn't come with a light so im happy with that. I dont have much room so i have to start out this small... At first i thought it was a. 20 gallon the person who trade it to me said it was but its not because it took a little over three 5 gallon buckets to fill it. I went ahead bought 20 lb bag of live sand one piece of rock i believe probably 3lbs which was expensive for 12 bucks i think... Plus salt and bio secra whatever that is.... Its been up since Sunday. My salinity is 10.26.5 almost .27. Using a hydramatomer cheap plactic one been reading that every day since sunday when i set it up. Right now nothing in there but a power filter pump no lights either. Im ordering a 30w led with one purple blues and whites for a nano and 18lbs of live rock. I have no room for a sump. The following week ill order a test kit and a skimmer? Maybe? My ammiona and nirites are 0 then ill get a one fish...... See how that goes... Now i know i dont need a skimmer but i hear i can get a skilter..... Not sure if that works good or not.... Also gfo to remove phosphates but i dont plan to get any coral yet until im ready it will be a while... Thoughts please and give me your advice... Im new to salt. Especially reef.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 20170912_042631_1505348110903.jpg Views: N/A Size: 36.0 KB ID: 162898  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire