dimanche 1 novembre 2015

Refugium & Algae Scrubber / Macro Algae

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting some advice on setting up a refugium tank for my 55Gal saltwater tank. I have an old 24Gal tank that I will be reusing as a sump/refugium for the main display tank.

I been researching algae scrubbers and I was thinking of building one for the 24Gal tank where the overflow box would run directly into the algae scrubber (with flow control) and then into the refugium tank.

I also understand that when you are setting up a refugium/sump, you use ruble/sand and macro algae to extract the nutrients from the water and as a place for sea creatures to grow.

I don't have any experience with macro algae but would the algae scrubber system and macro algae get along? or conflict?

They both seam to be doing the same job overall of extracting nutrients from the water.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire