dimanche 1 novembre 2015

In-Sump Protein Skimmer W/O Drilling Possible?

So I just upgraded from a 55 gallon to a 75 gallon tank and have everything setup, transferred all of my livestock over and everything is good to go... except for a protein skimmer. I do not want a HOB skimmer, and I don't think I could even fit one since I only have about 4 inches between the back of my tank and the wall. I bought a 75 gallon tank & stand combo from petco and got the biggest tank that would fit underneath (29 gallon) for the sole purpose of having an in-sump protein skimmer setup. If you go to this link you can see what my aquarium setup is like: http://ift.tt/1N6pmle

Now I hadn't done much research on how to set this in-sump protein skimmer up, but I just found out from my friend who had a saltwater tank for years that my tank needs to be drilled in order to make the water flow possible. I am not about to go through the huge trouble of putting all of my stuff into another tank, draining it, and bringing it to a shop to get it drilled and set everything back up again.

So my question to you is this... am I stuck having to use a HOB protein skimmer? Or is there any possible way to still setup my sump tank and put the protein skimmer in there without having to get the tank drilled?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire