samedi 21 novembre 2015

Help, I'm a beginner and I've made a horrible mistake!

Hello. New to this hobby. Have had freshwater tanks in the past, but have finally decided to get into saltwater.
I got a used 65g + 20g sump system with a coralife 220 protein skimmer and phosban 150 media reactor (going for FOWLR setup). Due to some construction in the room where the tank is, I am just setting it up now, a week later.
For the past week I've had the 60 lbs of live rock that were established in the tank (before I got it) sitting in my 44g brute with a heater and a powerhead. The live sand was stuck in a bucket though with no circulation. It posively stunk so I decided to go get some new sand. Went with aragonite but got excited and didn't read the bag, and therefore didnt rinse the sand before putting it in the tank 😮😣😢
I didn't realise I was doing it all wrong until I had added all the live rock and the water from the brute (just less than half full). So my question is, should I, before I add any more water, dump all the water currently in the tank, and start fresh? Or should I just add the water and rig some floss to the powerhead to try and clear it up? Unless there is an alternate possibility?
As a follow up question, at what point in my cycle do I need to turn on the protein skimmer and media reactor? Found very mixed info on this so far.
Thanks for any advice 😀


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire