dimanche 1 novembre 2015

Clam or Anemone

Both of these are interesting me as a good addition to my tank.
Nitrates do not exceed 5 i want to get a better test kit.
Phosphate .25 but i bought a hanna and got a zero(so it is broken getting it replaced)
I have a XR15 so i will be able to support anything.

Current stock is 2 clowns. Firefish, Forktail blenny, Flasher wrasse.

here is my thread for my aquarium. as you can see ups and downs but my numbers are fairly stable. (minus Phosphate and ammonia but my API tests do not seem reliable I have a 2nd ammonia test and it says below .02 so i feel safe about that. And am getting a hanna for Phosphate)
http://ift.tt/1l1ouYF

Not saying i am planning on getting it soon i am just starting research(always looking forward i have a lot of projects but the more the better, keeping busy is good for me. Research is one of the fun parts but i like getting others opinions first.

Info i have.

Clams
Different types need to be placed on either sand or on rock.
Both filter feeders as well as photosynthetic
Need room to open.
Medium to low flow.
Have not seen much on being picky about what quality besides needing calcium and alkalinity.(adding in kalkwasser soon possible 2 part if needed after that)
smaller(younger) clams need more feeding then larger ones. Due to the ratio of Surface area to Volume.
Derasa Clams seem to be the most hardy but will it get to big for my tank in 2-4 years?
I dont know much about Maxima or Crocea clams

Anemone
Need excellent water.
can move around the aquarium(and hurt corals)
Feed once around once a week(table shrimp)
do not use up elements.
Carpet anemones possibility grow to large.
Clown fish can host it.
Need to get covers for powerheads.


I know my lists of knowledge is a little lacking, still doing early research. Will update if/when i find important things and create a pros/cons list. Again this is for 2-4 months from now so i am giving myself time to adjust and get the proper gear i need.

If you think i should get one and not the other please let me know and let my know why you think that even if that reason is just you like it better!

If you do not think my aquarium is ready for these please let me know as well i will not be offended, not ever tank is ready for every animal. Also if you could give me what you think i need to do or my levels in my aquarium need to be constantly above or blew a target before i add these.

Thanks for any help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire