mercredi 1 octobre 2014

Setup new QT Tank

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say thank you to everyone on this site. Everyone has been super friendly and helpful. Recently I have had to setup a QT tank because my hippo tang has ich and I am not sure all the specifics since there is so much different information about qt tanks. Please let me know if I am missing anything or need to change something. Thanks!

I have a 29 gallon tank at a Salinity level of 1.010, temp is 81.00, and running led lighting and a small hob filter that came with the tank. Do I need to add a powerhead for water movement? I know that the display tank has to stay fish free for 6-8 weeks, but how can I tell if the fish are ich free before putting them back in the main tank? Currently the QT tank is housing the hippo tang, 2 oscellaris clowns, 1 watchmen goby, and 2 damsels. Is that going to be ok for the quarantine period? Sorry for all the newbie questions, but just want to ensure that all the tank mates live and are happy.:)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire