dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Throwback thread

Surely there are a bunch of us that have pictures of old tanks from years gone by that they want to share, laugh at or reminisce... Don't be shy; post up those old tank pictures and discuss how your philosophy toward aquarium-reef keeping has changed!



How did you get to where you are now? Below is a link to a video of the last few months of my last reef tank in 2011.



http://ift.tt/1uvDzEK



I started as a kid with goldfish and a small tank. In my teens I kept a few tropical species and probably shouldn't have been allowed to care for a living creature. In my 20s I had a 30 gallon tank with red gravel and met a hobbyist that was about ten years older than me and believed in a natural approach to aquarium keeping and believed in making natural looking biotopes. That led to a 55 gallon, then a 75, a 125 and a 110. I became quite interested in planted tanks and then discus.



And then... I decided to try my hand at salt water after meeting and talking to Melev on another site. That turned from a small interest to an addiction that lasted well into my 30s. Starting with a 55, then a 125... I then tried my hand at a 450 gallon system and finally decided a 300 gallon system with a 190 gallon display was the right choice for my lifestyle and budget at the time.



But then life changed and I had to take a break from the hobby all together. Last week I picked up a 25 gallon frameless cube. Although I'm going to dabble in fresh water for a while again, I can already feel the reef addiction creeping back up on me.

































So what about you? How did your addiction grow? How has your philosophy toward keeping captive systems changed and grown?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire