jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Cleaning Rock lift built with PVC acting as return

I know many people build rock lifts which incorporate spray bars. My plan is to do a plateau lift with HDPE. I want to run my return line under the HDPE and have two openings shooting up under my two rock burms.



My current PVC returns buildup a white gunk that I clean out every so often. I can't think how that could be cleaned out if the PVC is not easily removable from the tank.



Here is a rough drawing of what I'm thinking of. You can see the two little nubs where the water would project in to the rock burms.









My question is: How do people clean out spray bars that are behind rocks etc?



I know drilling 3 holes and making a closed loop is the best solution and would eliminate the cleaning and allow better control of the flow rate but I don't feel comfortable drilling the bottom 3/4" glass on my 300g.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire