mardi 29 juillet 2014

SRO-XP2000SSS Problems

I'm assuming this is user error, but I'm looking for any advice.



I have the SRO-XP2000SSS. I bought it about 18 months ago and originally ran it in my heavily stocked 75 gallon reef. It worked out pretty well for me although it always seemed touchy.



I have recently broken that tank down in a move and upgraded to a 112 gallon Reef Savvy with a new sump. In this scenario I can't seem to get any consistent skimmate collection what-so-ever.



I am running an MRC Reef Sump with the skimmer in the first chamber (constant level). I bought a Reef Octopus Skimmer Stand to raise the skimmer up so that it would be very close to the stated optimal water depth. The skimmer is in approximately 5.75" of water in this configuration.



I have also added the Reef Octopus Automatic Neck Cleaner and 6" Waste Collector. At this point, I'm into this skimmer for over $1,000 so I really want it to work.



I did disassemble and clean everything thoroughly when I moved the skimmer to the new tank.



It seems like I am CONSTANTLY chasing the right setting for the skimmer. I may spend an entire day slowly closing the valve so it will produce a tiny bit of skimmate. Then after a few days it will flood the waste collector in the matter of a few minutes and turn off. I'll open the valve and bit and the cycle continues.



Any ideas what might be happening here?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire