samedi 18 mars 2017

So... I made a copepod murder house

Thought I'd share a little goof on my part.

Was looking real close to see if I had any pod production in the new sump.

I have an algae scrubber over a fuge with live rock that I was hoping would be a great breeding ground, but I didn't really see any. Then my eye caught one little critter heading out of the rubble... then SLURP, right up into the skimmer.

On further inspection I realized that my skimmer intake blocks the only way out of the fuge (the other three sides are sealed off with sections of glass with a channel leading to the return pump behind).

I'm going to reconfigure.... but I had to stop and laugh at myself for a bit. :arg:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: DeadPods.jpeg Views: N/A Size: 378.7 KB ID: 151161  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire