vendredi 24 mars 2017

High nitrite - how to treat fast!

Hi everyone,

sorry about the double post, I meant to say high nitrite, not nitrate.
I am having an experience with my marine tank... I noticed one fish was not doing well, so I checked salinity and it was quite high (1.0265), even though 2 days ago it was 1.025! I wanted to fix this by adding freshwater and since I did not have RO water at that moment I added tap water with API stress coat conditioner. I know it was quite risky, since RO is the best way to go... But I wanted to save the fish from the high salinity levels and store was closed at that time. After that, I lost more fish...
First question is: how fast can you drop salinity? Let's say 0.01-0.02 points per hour/day?
Second question: My nitrite level got really high (it was zero before that, at all times)... How often can I do water changes to get rid of the dangerous nitrites? I already did 20% water change with pacific ocean water. Is it ok to do another 20% water change the same day, or better wait for next day?
I also added a conditioner that gets rid of nitrites and nitrates.
The reason I am in a rush is because I don't want to lose the rest fish!

Thanks a lot!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire