samedi 25 mars 2017

How long for bio pellets to take effect

Hi there, I have a 90 gallon reef tank. Mixed with SPS, and LPS. I currently have 5 fish. A small tomini tang, tanaka pygmy wrasse, scissortail dartfish, blue assessor and pink skunk clownfish. About 3 weeks ago I purchased a BR 110 reef octopus bio pellet reactor with BRS brand pellets. The dosage they call for is basically 1 cup per 50 gallons of water. So my tank is 90 gallon total volume so I cut the dosage in half and went with only a 3rd of a cup total. So not much. I used a entire 10 ML bottle of Korallen Zucht Zeobak (bacteria booster) per BRS guidance. Then about 2 weeks later I put a few more drops from a new bottle directly into the reactor (per BRS advice). I had to take my UV sterilizer off line...and I did notice some cyano breaking out...however I took a tooth brush to it and the outbreak seems to have gone away...plus I was out of town for two weeks and my GF over feed my tank so nitrates climed up to 25...did some water changes and got them down to 7-10ish. Anyways I'm not noticing my nitrates move down any really...maybe not climb as fast...I know on the BRS website it says not to touch the reactors for the first month or 2...do you guys think I should add maybe a quarter of a cup of pellets to the reactor or leave it alone for a bit. I also run filter socks, and a K120 Ice cap skimmer, fyi. I also have the output line of the skimmer intake port next to it per the directions...yalls thoughts? O and flow is cranked up on the reactor and a very nice tumble...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire