mercredi 29 mars 2017

A fix for cyano or the tank goes to the curb...

Hello Again:

I have a 94 gallon corner bow front. I have about 50lbs of LR and a 2.5" LS bed.
Two clowns
3 chromis
6 peppermints
2 cleaners
2 ingnitus anthias
some kenyas
some zoas
a sinularia

I have been having a lot of trouble with cyano. It's on the rocks and sand. I have turned the lights off for three-4 days. I have done WCs and siphoned rocks and sand. I have used PhosBuster (my phos is less than .1, usually 0). I have even used that dosing sludge algae remover. Nothing works.

I bought 6 cerith snails and 6 astreas. Haven't seen 5 ceriths. The astreas eat whatever is on the glass (which is not much), but not rocks and sand.

I have heard that some hermit crabs will eat cyano. Any ideas before I throw the whole thing out? BTW: it's 2 years old, this problem is only about 2 months old.
ALSO I used RO/DI that I make (filters pretty new) and I run GFL in the sump. I also have a skimmer and UV.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire