mercredi 22 mars 2017

Help on ATS Light

I have my 29g tank up and running, it just completed its cycle and I finally decided on adding an ATS. My biggest issue was space, my stand can literally only hold a 5g tank, but I wanted something bigger. After a few "failures" (my that I mean wife not approving) I just bit the bullet and went with the 5g tank inside the stand. The father in law built the stand so modifications were not much of an option, and the wife didn't approve of a satellite 20g for my sump, and the above the tank/HOB was too noisy.

So to my present issue and hopefully my last: My sump takes up too much space and I need to figure out lighting for my ATS that can fit and be effective. I have yet to glue the PVC for the ATS together in case someone has better input.

The ATS will be fed off the return pump via a T connection and ball valve. My screen size is 3x4 to give me 12square inches, equaling one cube of food per day.
My fish stock will include 1x O. Clown, 1x Firefish, 1x Royal Gramma, 1x Goby, 1x Skunk Shrimp, various inverts for CUC, and probably a Maxima Clam. The corals will my LPS dominant, and a few SPS.

So to get to my lighting issue, from my understanding I will need to light this with about 12w, I think I am going to light one side only because I still think my screen is a little larger then I need. I have about 3~5 square inches of space to get a light in there. Shop lights and brooding lights I have seen are too large. I thought about a simple book light style but I need something I can control with a timer. I'm thinking DIY LED but I have no idea where to begin. So yeah my brain is fried and I need some advice. If any of you guys have a suggestion, know of a decent light, is there any premade LEDs that I can stick somewhere that will grow? Idk. I want to keep this under $25. Any input would be great.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire