lundi 20 mars 2017

Cycling

I have been cycling for 9 days now. 5 days ago I added pure ammonia to get the cycle going. Ammonia shot up to 4-5ppm. Nitrites were 0 as well as the nitrates. Now on day 9 ammonia is at 1-2ppm. My nitrites are 2-3ppm and nitrates are a whopping 40-50ppm on only day 9? I stopped dosing with ammonia to just see and wait for levels to fall to 0 on nitrite and ammonia. I've seeded with 10lbs of live rock from an established tank. Also have around 70-80lbs dry rock. I've been using seachem stability and also have 40-50lbs of black caribsea live sand. Is the cycle going correctly? I figured I would have not seen nitrates so high so fast also I used my RO/DI filter to fill tank and using instant ocean reef crystals salt.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire