lundi 31 octobre 2016

RO/DI Filter question - Best filter combo Spectrapure

I'm running the maxcap 180 2:1 with a booster pump to 70 psi at the membrane. The TDS of my tap is really low ~ 15. I must have higher suspended solids because my sediment filters clog up pretty quick, less than about 500 gallons or so. My tap has about 1.5ppm chloramine.

My carbons were having chlorine breakthrough pretty quick too. I'd guess about 2 months or 800 gallons.

These are all guesses as I haven't been keeping close track of how much water I'm actually making.

Due to the sediment filter and carbon seeming to clog quicker, I purchased a second canister with pressure gauge and I now have .2 Zetazorb prefilter -> 1 micron Chlorplus -> .5 carbon -> 70psi RO -> silica buster -> mixed bed semi-cond DI. This setup lasted about 2 months before the zeta lost 10% pressure and chlorine breakthrough again.

It seems that running 2 carbon is pointless since I test for chlorine every time and if there is breakthrough I switch out. Running 2 just makes it so I can switch out less freqently (but same total #).


Would it make more sense to use a 1 micron purtrex ($3.50) in the remote canister followed by the zeta? The 1 micron is much cheaper to filter out the suspended solids. So the system would look like:
1 micron -> .2 zeta -> .5 carbon -> ro -> di -> di


Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire