samedi 29 octobre 2016

Live Rock temp storage

So I have all of the live rock (about 100lbs) that was transferred from an existing 80g tank sitting in a 2nd 56g tank with the original tank water. It was transferred in buckets so it got moved around a lot. Have had it in the tank about 1 week so far as I'm holding it there until I can set up the tank. It may take a couple of more weeks, so I'm trying to keep it alive. There are also 3 cucumbers in there that came with the live rock. They look fine, but nitrates are really high. Nitrites, Ammonia and PH are all great. The salt level was high too at almost 1.30, but I've added distilled water over the past few days to get it down to 1.25. Not sure if the nitrates are from stirring up the live rock, or if some of the live rock is dying. There is no sand in the live rock tank. Is there anything special I need to do over the next couple of weeks to keep it alive? There is some debris on the tank bottom, so I'm thinking of siphoning it out and adding more fresh water. I have a powerhead and heater in the tank now to keep the water moving and temp at 78. It's been 10 years since my last tank, so I"m a little rusty. Thanks!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire