lundi 24 octobre 2016

Jawfish not coming out of burrow

Hey there...so I have had this pearly jawfish for just over a month now. I quarantied it for about 2 weeks I think, added him to my DT with with about 5 inches of mixed substrate, medium coarse aragonite sand and crushed coral. I stuck him in a large holey rock that was burried into the substrate with the top sticking out above the substrate. He's been doing outstanding for weeks now. He is currently in with a large scissortail dartfish, tanaka pygmy wrasse, rainford goby, and yellow headed clown goby.The past 2 days he has not came out of his burrow? It looks like his "roof" is still placed onto his burrow entrance, but he is no where to be seen. I have not added any inverts, I do not have any shrimp, crabs or anything that would "kill a fish", no annominies, nothing crazy like that...just some lps and sps coral. Anyways...just seeing what you guys think. I have a sealed canopy as well...it does have gaps from where I run my 2 computer fans in the back, but he would have made it thru the gaps (which is possible) my tank is tall, 2 feet tall. I spend a lot of time around my tank and have YET to see him try to even try to jump out. He seemed very happy, out and about and enjoying life...even swimming across the tank floor at times to pick up larger pieces of crushed coral to build his den...is it possible he is making a rock tunnel to another rock...I have heard that if jawfish have the right habitat they will do this in rare cases, last I seen him he showed no weird signs, fat and happy with great colors :). O also no sudden water changes or ammonia spikes...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire