dimanche 30 octobre 2016

Last couple of bits of advice wanted..before cycling

Just a couple of bits of advice before I begin cycling my new tank if I may.

I pretty much have everything set up and ready for my new reef tank at last. The Aquarium specs are as follows:

48x18x18 tank
6 t5 tubes ( 2 blue, 2 white, 1 red, 1 actinic blue)
2 jeboa wp 25 wave makers
200w heater and stc 1000 controller
Mini micro ato system
Hob mce 600 skimmer
40kg of diy live rock ( almost ready to go in)
2 pieces of live rock (sat in a quarantine tank ready to seed the diy rock)

I intend keeping mainly lps and softies in the tank with maybe later a bit of plating montipora. Fish and invert wise, nothing special, the usual gobies, clowns, clean up crew and shrimps etc..

My pondering are?

Which salt red sea salt, or red sea coral pro? I want the best for the tank and to not have to dose loads of stuff but on the other hand I don't want to pay for what I don't need.

The second question is. Can anyone recommend a good substrate that won't be blown everywhere? I love the bright, fine aragonite sand but the flow in the tank is very strong I don't want to be constantly dealing with moving sand and sandstorms. I don't mind normal 'coral sand' for cichlid tanks. Nowadays people don't recommend it it seems. So are there any larger grain aragonite Sands about?

Cheers in advance


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire