mercredi 16 septembre 2015

New to the site. 150g Reef tank is 7 months old now!

Hi everybody,

First off, I would like to thank the hoards of people that have helped me get established already. I have lurked for the last 8-10 months over posts from years ago to try and get myself as ready as I can be.

I am a high school science teacher who had started keeping fish last year. When I had issues, I had an overwhelming amount of students who kept fish, which came as a surprise. One of them in particular, has a father that works at Aqueon, which is headquartered nearby in Franklin WI. He saw us struggling, and set us up with our beautiful 150g tank.

I dove in head first into the hobby, and absolutely love taking care of our fish, and take a huge amount of pride in keeping our tank as nice as possible.

We currently sit with 2 Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, 2 Firefish Goby's, 1 Dwarf Flame Angel, 1 Sailfin Tang, 1 Lubbocks Wrasse, 1 Cleaner Skunk Shrimp, and 1 Peppermint Shrimp for the livestock.

I have just started to "reef" my tank, and added a Green Bubble Tip Anenome (still waiting for my clowns to pair - 1.5 weeks in), Brown Star Polyp, Red Mushroom Coral, 2 Montipora, and 1 Pulsing Xenia head. An order of more corals shows up tomorrow (polyps, zoas, fans).

I am going to be adding copepods within the month also as I'd like to get a population going sometime in the near future.

I am extremely excited to see my tank evolve, and am looking forward to making friends on TRT to keep in touch with. All my fish and corals will be young, and that is both because the tank is new, and because I sincerely enjoy watching them grow!

Thanks for taking the time to see what we have going on here in Union Grove, WI!

Mitchell

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5076.jpg (119.0 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_5078.jpg (98.4 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_5002.jpg (61.6 KB)
File Type: jpg IMG_5080.jpg (92.8 KB)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire