samedi 26 septembre 2015

93 Gallon Frameless Cube Build / Sump Room Build

Hi all so my wife and I just purchased a house about 2 months ago and the house is finally at the point where I can get back in to reefing.

You don't realize how much furniture you need to buy when you go from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 4 bedroom house. So now that we purchased all the furniture my wife wanted for the house I can build my sump room and get a new tank up.

So a quick background story. My wife and I were in a 1 bedroom apartment and our lease was up so instead of signing a new lease we decided to buy a house and moved in with her parents until we purchased.

I had everything housed in a 120 Gallon aquarium which I had to tear down because we had no room in her parents house. Well I sold most my coral to my local reef store, and the stuff I wanted to keep my buddy is holding on to in his reef tank (for going on 10 months).

My parents are holding on to our 75 Gallon turtle tank. Since the turtles out grew the 75 gallon they are going into my 120, and I'm going to buy a new tank. The biggest I could get for the spot it's going is the 93 gallon cube. So I have a few questions.

Here is my old build when I upgraded to the 120: http://ift.tt/1oKDCqc

Here is a list of what I have from the 120, a list of what I need and a list of what I'm debating on. Any help from anyone who did a sump room in a basement would be appreciated. I'll keep this up to date as I'm going. I plan on starting in about 1 to 2 weeks.


93 Gallon Cube Aquarium Build

Equipment I have

  1. 93 Gallon Frame-less Cube
  2. 93 Gallon Stand
  3. Diablo 200XS Protein Skimmer
  4. 75 Gallon Sump
  5. 2 x 300 Watt Heaters
  6. 1 GFO Reactor
  7. 1 Carbon Reactor
  8. 2 x 24” Rapid LED Lighting
  9. Reef Angel Controller
  10. Titanium Grounding Probe
  11. 30 Gallon long premade salt water
  12. Ehiem 5000 pump (not sure what to do with this)
  13. 4 circulation pumps (all different sizes)
  14. Automatic top off switches
  15. Filter sock holders
  16. Filter socks


Equipment I need

  1. RO/DI system ( mine didn't survive the move, in PODS unit and remaining water froze and cracked the bottom of each container )
  2. 30 Gallon long for premade RO/DI water
  3. External pump ( need recommendations 10ft ceilings )
  4. Lots of PVC


Equipment I'm not sure about

  1. Inductor Cone /Settling tank (what size should I get? 15 or 30 gallon)
  2. Refugium


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire