jeudi 26 mars 2015

Sump in a pinch.

To recap a little, bought a used 55g with stand and stuff. The stuff part included a CPR192 sump system a little smaller than this one http://ift.tt/1FNtJTC.



Anyway, the 1300 gph pump that came with it was way to noisy and I threw in the towel with it. I went with a canister temporarily and a Remora S HOB skimmer. Long story short, dont like the skimmer and now I am trying to figure out new options.



I purchased a DCT8000 pump however, there really isnt a lot of room for it in this sump, even with the CPR inside a 20g tall tank which it resides in.



Here is what I am leaning towards, tell me if I am going in the wrong direction. Basically, eliminating the CPR and going with simply the 20g tank as a "larger" sump, however, it is un-divided into compartments. Basically get a hang on filter sock for the overflow box hose to hang into and stick the pump n the tank with two 1" returns. Additionally, look for a skimmer to sit in the 20g tank as well since the skimmer that came with the CPR has an integrated base (adhered to the CPR.) Any suggestions would be welcome.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire