samedi 28 mars 2015

Starting big - New to tanks and going for a reef!

Hi all!

My name is Carly, I live in the Australian Capital and I'm 24 years old. We currently have 3 dogs and 2 parrots - we're the crazy animal family!

I actually can't remember what it was that sparked my interested in reef tanks but it only happened a few weeks ago. Since that moment I've been obsessing over them and trying to learn as much as I can.

I decided that I didn't want to start small as I would almost certainly end up upgrading within the first year, so I've just been down to my local shop "Jem Aquatics" and put a deposit on an Aqua Reef 400 (105 gallon tank).

I think many of you are pretty familiar with this set up, but it comes with just about everything (including a premade sump).

My partner is all for our local store and getting advice from them (they were pretty fantastic!), but I like to shop around for my advice by cruising forums.

For example, my partner wants to leave the bio balls in the sump pending what the sales guy says, but since we're going to be using live rock... I want to take them out.

The tank is supposed to be a joint venture for us as a couple but I can quickly see myself taking over - oops!

Once we have our tank set up and cycling, I'll be on here an awful lot to find out what sorts of fish I can have and in what combinations etc.

I'm really looking forward to immersing myself in this community and learning as much as I can! Any and all advice is appreciated :)

Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire