samedi 28 mars 2015

your opinion

Hi all! I'm fairly new to the reef thing and I was recently told my anemone is bleached. He came like this from my LFS. My tank is about 6 months old and I've had the anemone for about 3 weeks. Other than the bleaching I'd like your opinion(s) on his overall appearance. His tentacles are full and inflated and only closes up at night. He takes food readily and doesn't wander. I feed him raw shrimp and feeder goldfish once or twice a week. Should I increase feeding until the bleaching issue is resolved? This is my first anemone so I'm sorry if my questions seem a bit novice.







Tank parameters are -

SG - 1.025

Temp - 76-78

pH - 8.2

NH - 0

NO2 - 0

NO3 - 5ppm (water change due tomorrow)

PO - 0

Lighting is 1 actinic and 1 10,000k HO for 6 - 8hrs per day



I'm told I need stronger lighting for this particular anemone but he's actually set up camp in an area with less direct light exposure and seems happy there. Is this a sign of something? Would changing out the actinic bulb for another 10000k be sufficient? Should I aim higher?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire