lundi 30 mars 2015

Suggestions for a ph problem

I have a custom 22gal tank (imagine 20gal tall) that I have inserted into and old style radio that I house moon jellyfish in. Its bot a bare bottom however it has glass beads so they are inert and is why im posting here. I Have a 125 salt reef that has been going for 6 years with zero issues so this isn't my first tank.



I have 7 jelly fish smallest at one in largest at 2in



Prior to placing the jelly fish into the tank ph was 8.3 salinity 32ppt nitrates was at a 5 and this is post cycling of the tank. I have a probe style tester that was calibrated Saturday with the lil packets that came with it.



anyway my thought was since no live rocks and no sand I have no natural buffers besides what is in the salt mix. as of this morning the jelly fish are swimming and looking great they eat very well.



besides adding buffer not sure what else to do as the tank uses to a bubbler with a lift tube to create flow and I cant really add more bubbles to the tank. only thing that coms to mine is co2 levels have dropped the ph



sorry for the rambling just trying to give any info that may help and thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire