samedi 28 mars 2015

Hello!!

Hi guys! I should start out by telling you I've kept aquariums off and on (mostly on) for about 20 years. I started with a goldfish I won at a travelling carnival when I was 6 and have been hooked ever since. I tried my hand at discus a few years ago and failed miserably. Before then I had kept fairly hardy fish and hadn't learned the importance of careful, CAREFUL inspection of specimen before bringing them home and inadvertently introduced a sick discus to my otherwise thriving tank. Based on my research I believe it was discus plague. Unfortunately I didn't treat it in time and lost my stock. At $80+ per fish it scarred me for life. I had been thinking about trying saltwater for a long time, but after my discus fiasco I decided it just wasn't for me.



After a couple years I started looking into saltwater again. There are so many unique life forms and vibrant colors you simply can't get with freshwater fish. I decided to bite the bullet and take the plunge and set up my first reef tank and so far I LOVE it. I catch myself staring at it constantly.



Here are the specs -

40 gallon with about 30lbs of live rock

2 ocellaris clownfish

1 lawnmower blenny

1 green mandarin

1 coral banded shrimp

1 emerald crab

Blue legged hermits

Nerite snails

Bumble bee snails

1 purple tip anemone

Pulsing Xenias

Zooanthus polyps

Kenya tree

Blue mushrooms

Green star polyps



Lighting is 1 actinic and 1 10,000k HO and blue LEDs for night.

I use a HOB filter with filter floss and PhosGuard and filled with LR rubble.

I have a Lee's protein skimmer and a 240gph power head.



Though I consider myself an expert aquarist I'm still new to the saltwater game and I'm really looking forward to picking up on all the info this forum has to offer!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire