mercredi 25 mars 2015

Rimless 100gal.

Okay, first off its good to be here nothing like a good internet forum.



I currently have a 100gal tank that has no rim, i hae come across hundreds of topics online like this but never for anything so big.



I have been told that the to rim offers some sort of structual vale to the tank. I say bull! I have taken a rim off and its nothing more then plastic glued to the glass to cover up a jagged uneven edge. The rim isnt even one piece. The real support comes from the 16 inch wide glass brace in the middle top of the tank. This glass is what keep the tank from bowing/ flexing when full.



I understand that true rimless tanks are made with thicker glass and are obviously designed to be rimless. But with a tank such as this, if the rim is of no structual value. Why is is "a bad idea" to fill the tank up without it?



I have leveled the glass and sanded it down smooth,it looks really good. Id post pictures but the forum wont let me :mad:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire