mercredi 24 septembre 2014

interesting metal halide setup

I know everyone's into LED's, but I would urge people to not rule out MHs, especially if you can get them for cheap. I think I have an interesting setup. I bought two 250 watt MH complete retrofit kits for $80 each. I have an open closet,

so I drilled and screwed the reflectors with the bulbs into the very top metal self of the closet, which is over 6 foot. I bought a 4 shelf adjustable metal stand from Home Depot, and on the top shelf is a small house fan to blow away the heat. The next shelf down holds a 20 G long tank, which is a perfect size to include an emperor 280 bio wheel filter on the left side. The lights are about 14 inches above the tank, the 3rd shelf down holds my buckets of water and maintenance equipment, and the last shelf holds the MH ballasts. I know you may be saying a bio wheel filter is silly for a reef tank, but it actually works well. I don't have carbon, I have additional bio-media and purigen in there and also in the main tank some macro algaes to help soak up Nitrates. I would urge people to consider MHs, especially because their light quality is excellent, I think the color render index as compared to the sun is over 70%. -Thank you for your time and I hope for replies.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire