mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Interesting set-up

I know everybody hails LEDs, but since they are what's selling,

you can actually find MH's for dirt cheap because stores can't sell them any more. For my 20 G long, I bought 2 250 watt complete retrofit kits for $80 each. The setup is in a open closet and I drilled and screwed the bulbs plus reflectors into the thin top metal shelf of the closet. I then bought a 4 shelf adjustable metal stand from Home Depot and the very top shelf is perfect for a small house fan to blow away the heat. The next shelf down holds the tank, and it's a perfect size to fit an Emperor 280 filter on the left side. The shelf below that holds my buckets with water and maintenance equipment, and the last shelf holds the ballasts. I'm not knocking LED's, just urging people to not completely rule out metal halides especially if they can find them for cheap, because they do emit a very good quality light. I think the color render index as compared to the sun is around 73%.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire