jeudi 17 juillet 2014

new skimmer suggestion

Hello all



I have wrote before about my tank set up. It is a 60 cube, mixed reef, about 20 pieces of coral, ten small fish, from clownfish, small gobies, firefish etc, and 6 seahorses. I feed roughly 5 to 6 cubes of Mysis a day for the seahorses. I have a phosphate reactor, and a reef octopus lss 1000 skimmer.



However, since the tank has been running, about 5 months, the skimmer has not pulled anything to speak of. Maybe an ounce of skimmate since I have had it in 5 days. I know I feed quite a bit, do 15 percent weekly water changes. My nitrates are climbing, 60 and higher.



I have contacted reef octpus, and was told the skimmer is designed for a 150 to 180 gallon tank, not a 60.



I want to get the right skimmer for this tank. So considering a 60 gallon tank, that is pretty heavy stocked, what would you suggest?



I was looking at the sca 301, for under 100, seems to work well. I already spent 330 on this reef octopus, and very disappointed to say the least.



sump specs: ten gallon tank baffled, I have about 11x8 footprint space, and the water level is 7 inches deep. So ideally something I can use with those numbers.



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire