jeudi 17 juillet 2014

Hybrid Lighting

I have been running DIY LED's on my 40 breeder for about a year now, but I am having an issue that others have where corals grow but lose color or fade.



The LED's are set up in a row of 4 clusters, and each cluster separated by 1 Violet between them. They are powered by 3 Mean well ELN-60-48D drivers (one driver for RB, one driver for NW, and one driver for everything else). They have been over the tank for about a year. I started all the LED's about 30%, and slowly increased them over a few months to about 60-65%, and then back down to about 50% (current for a few months) because things weren't looking as good. The fixture sits about 12" above the water in a canopy and the lights are on for about 10 hours total (9 hours white, and 9 hours blue).



16 - RB Luxeon ES (80º Optics)

8 - NW Luxeon ES (80º Optics)

4 - Tristar (Cool Blue, Cyan-Turquoise, Deep Red)

3 - True Violet



My idea is to add 2 or 4 T5's and and have a hybrid system.

I plan to use LET T5 Retrofit kit.



What I don't really know is....

How many T5's should I add and what color/type?

Would I run the T5's as the main lighting and use the LED's as supplements or vice versa?

Should I center the LED's or the T5's over the tank?

How long should each type of light be on per day?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire