mardi 1 juillet 2014

Hair/slime/bubble algae problem, black sand

55 gallon MT, 20 gal sump with live rock, Hydor 740 pump, 2 Koralai 1050-1150 circ. pump, deep sand bed.



I'm new to the saltwater world (have had freshwater for many years). I set up my tank about 6 months ago and let it cycle, and after my first big algae bloom I bought a clean-up crew. Everything was going great until about a month ago when all this algae started to show up. It looks like I have bubble, hair, and slime algae, and I've also noticed my snails are starting to die (lying upside-down with their insides gone). Some of the rock also appears to have a white "fuzz" on them, but just very thin. I've got a bunch of Cheato coming from a friend to try and lower the phosphates, but how long will it take to starve this stuff out? It starts growing immediately after I remove it.



Also, I'm getting spots of black sand the last month or so. I started to notice it through the glass towards the bottom of the sand bed, but now it's starting to grow, and when I vacuumed today I noticed more spots are starting to show up right underneath the top little bit of sand.



Edit* Apparently I can't post pictures yet because of my post count, but I'll try get those up ASAP.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire