jeudi 9 novembre 2017

Popping in. Yup, I'm still alive! :)

Hey all! I'm sure there are a lot of new people in the forum now. Hopefully my "old" friends are still here. I'm just popping in, giving a little update, and basically saying hello to all of you. :)

I moved into my new house across the state September 1st of this year. We now hail from the Lake Michigan side and enjoy the sunsets over the water.

Due to our old house selling faster than we could close on our new house, my parents enjoyed my tank for 2 months. My mom loved having it and still talks about it. I upgraded the 90 gallon to a 162 gallon with a 40 gallon sump underneath. I decided I wanted simplicity, so I gave up the idea of putting the tank in a wall and having it's own room. Way too complicated and, with my work schedule, way too much time. So my new tank is on a stand with a canopy in the living room and I'm loving it. I have a 55 gallon tub in the basement that fills with RO/DI water and I pump the water up to top off and do water changes. No more carrying buckets. :)

Unfortunately, I had several odd things happen before the move for which I can't explain as everything in my tank seemed okay. I was doing water changes and keeping the tank clean because the house was on the market. Most of my Kenya Trees disappeared. They covered my tank and then they were gone. Only two tiny frags of my Kenya Tree survived. (Those two are now doing very well and growing, thank goodness.) My Green Star Polyps disappeared, my Frogspawn is gone, my mushrooms are gone. I had a fish decide to bury my Torch and I couldn't find it, no matter how much I dug in the sand. Everything looked good but then they just disappeared. So now all I have left are my two small Kenya Trees, my toadstool, and my Duncan. My Duncan has never looked better. During this whole time it has actually flourished and tripled in size, even when my other tougher corals disappeared. The torch was doing good too until my fish buried it. All of my fish are doing great. They've gotten bigger and seem to really like the bigger tank. My remaining corals are doing amazing and looking great. The only thing I can think of was maybe something happened with the water at the old house. Or maybe I was keeping the tank too clean. Who knows.

I've had my new tank going for about a month now. I'm ready to start getting more rock and new corals again. :)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20171020_150809690_1510245208617.jpg Views: N/A Size: 53.9 KB ID: 165313  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire