dimanche 26 novembre 2017

Do I need a sump and skimmer?

Hi, I have a 40 breeder mixed reef with just 2 oscellaris clowns and a sixline wrasse. Bare bottom. Established 5 years. I have 0 TDS RODI water and nitrates are and always are 0. I just gore an led light to be able to grow more corals and of course I'm having algae problems on my rocks and glass now that I have a better light and longer photo. Which is about 10 hous. It's not terrible but I never really had algae growing on my rocks and now it steadily returns in about a week until I take the rock out and scrub it if it doesn't have coral on it.
I've been contemplating adding a 40 breeder sump and a Reef Octopus protein skimmer and just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether this is likely to improve the situation or not given that my tests are always zero. I currently have a aquamaxx hang on back skimmer which works okay but not great. When I clean it I get about a half a cup of skim eat per day for a few days then it seems to not work so well.

So, what do you think? Is a sump and in sump simmer going to solve my algae issue or will I just do a bunch of work and spend a bunch of money and not be any better off. I currently grow mushrooms green star polyps zoanthids, Duncan coral and a brain coral.
Thanks: beer:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire