vendredi 24 novembre 2017

Help with lighting for gifted lps +/- future corals

Hello all,
I was gifted a hammer coral frag and a duncan coral frag. They are tiny, maybe 2-3 inch diameter. I have 0 expereince with corals and so far they are just in my small QT tank. I have them under some LEDs, so far they are open and respond well to target feeding etc but its only been 2 weeks. (cant upload the pics, files too big, working on it). I tried to research a ton about lighting but honestly I just dont understand watts to lumens and depth and kelvins and actinic vs red vs daylight etc. Help?!

My specific question is:

These will eventually move to my 220g display. Its 30 inches tall and 6 feet long and 2 feet wide. What kind of light do I need to make everything happy all the way down? (Its fish, live rock, sand bed, inverts, and some macro algaes planted). I would like to consider more corals in the future. So far the macros in the sand bed seem happy w the lighting but its just 2 marineland led lights like this (picture) and a similar coralife one.

i dont feel like its sufficient for corals? Or is it? What lights would be good for corals and for the whole tank over all that are energy efficient and not completley absurdly priced? Thank you!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: light.jpg Views: N/A Size: 13.4 KB ID: 165729  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire