lundi 23 octobre 2017

PETCO Yellow Tang rescue. Need advice!!

Here is the story. I'll try to keep it short.

I've seen a beat up yellow tang at Petco. It has been there for a few months. Of course it has been in a small overpopulated tank and is missing a lot of its' fins. Other than being beat up and not really bright yellow right now, it appears to swim fine and was eating off the rocks.

Will the fins grow back if I get him healthy? The person at the store said NO.

I am considering rescuing it. He would be going into a qt tank by himself. This will be the first qt tank I've ever set up. I have done some research, but any input would be appreciated.

40 Breeder with light, heater, small wave maker
Marineland 400 HOB filter (bio-wheels have been in my reef tank sump for months)
Sponge filter and air pump
Ammonia alert badge
Cupramine, Copper Test kit, and PraziPro

The qt is empty right now. I can take 10-20 gallons from my reef tank. The rest will be fresh mixed with Red Sea Pro salt.

May be a crazy idea, but I kind of want to try and save this guy. What do you guys think?? Is it worth a try??

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2259.jpg Views: N/A Size: 142.0 KB ID: 164617   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2260.jpg Views: N/A Size: 156.5 KB ID: 164625  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire