vendredi 13 octobre 2017

Powerhead Placement Observations

Hi,

I've been struggling trying to get a more natural flow in my 10 gal with a Koralia 240 gph head.

Today I was experimenting with placement and since I have a bare bottom tank I put it in various locations and finally settled on putting it right at the bottom on the long side so it blows across the short side.

After the detritus settled down (and most of the corals opened up and seemed to be feeding like crazy), the flow was perfect. Still a fair amount of movement but it no longer looks like they are in front of a hairdryer.

Why have I never seen or heard of putting the head at the bottom of the tank? At least for a bare bottom tank. It seems like an excellent place.

Very interested in your comments.

Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire