samedi 12 août 2017

Advice for a newbie

Hi all,
Newbie to this site and to marine keeping in general.
Finally had the go ahead from the wife to set up my first marine tank.
Got the space to set up a 24 x 24 x 24 tank in the living room and can't wait to get started.
There's three marine specific lfs in my area so visited them all today to get there advice for my set up.
Shop 1
Basically said I was wasting my time setting up a tank of this size. I would only be able to keep one clown fish in a tank this size, also the water parameters can change that quick in this size of tank that I could go to work in the morning and all water tests would be OK but by the time I get home they've changed that much that all life forms in the tank would be dead. However, if I spent £3000 and bought a tank set up from them they can guarantee everything will be OK, this really put me off, for one I think they were just trying to screw me over as a newbie and it put the wife off setting up a marine tank full stop.
Shop 2 and 3
Both seemed a lot more helpful and said I'd be fine setting up this size of tank.
However one said as a beginner I'd be better going for a set up with a rear tank sump as its easier to keep, the other said I'm better going for a tank and sump. Both shops seemed to be really helpful but gave conflicting information, what do you recommend? As I said I'm a complete beginner so don't know which way to go.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Emarley


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire