mardi 28 février 2017

New Alligator Pipefish

Just thought I'd share some pics of my new alligator pipefish. After the old tank cracked and I got the new one, I've been wanting to try something new. Saw this guy (I'm fairly certain it's a male) at the store this week and fell in love.

He's a very aggressive feeder (for a pipefish that is). He ate mysis with gusto from the get go - I wouldn't have bought him otherwise. He was in a pair but the female showed no interest in mysis and was a bit skinnier. I might go back this week to see if she has started eating or not.

The tank is all soft coral with plenty of gorgonians. He seems to appreciate this since he's actually a pipehorse and will wrap his tail around things to relax. Only issue I've had is that he doesn't do well with strong flow, so I'm running just one pump until I can figure out how to position the others so he doesn't get pushed around.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2588_1488343409951.jpg Views: N/A Size: 41.2 KB ID: 149337   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2591_1488343427731.jpg Views: N/A Size: 50.2 KB ID: 149345  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire