mardi 21 février 2017

Cycle question

So I am new to saltwater tanks. I guess you get this a lot lol. Anyway I have a question about cycling my tank or I guess more or less what to make of my tests. I have a 75 galling tank I bought 95lbs of cured rock and it is all in the tank. I did tests for everything when I first got the tank, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia and a bunch more. Those all read 0 when I started the tank, I let the tank run with the skimmer and filter for about 5 days before I started doing tests again, nitrates were at 10 ppm. I did some reading about cycling with a raw shrimp so input the shrimp in for a couple days taking reasons the whole time. The first day ammonia was 0 nitrates were 10 and nitrites were 0. The second day ammonia was .25ppm nitrates were 15 and nitrites were 0. I did the tests again today the ammonia is 0 nitrates are 10 and nitrites are still 0. I guess my question is did I cycle my tank or not. I live close to pacific east aquaculture so that's where I got my cured live rock from. They made it seem that I would not have much of a cycle at all and after about a week it would be safe to start putting frags in the tank and maybe get a clean up crew or something after doing about a 15% water change. I have yet to do the water change I was going to do that tomorrow. I'm just looking for any info you guys could give me, sorry if I sound like a noob that's because I am. Thanks in advance for your replies.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire