jeudi 23 février 2017

Sump Advice needed

Ok so I am looking at installing a DYI sump. Made out of a 20Gal long. For now It will just create water flow as I currently have a HOB Protein Skimmer and will need to save up for a Skimmer to go into the Sump.

My question is:

Has anyone ever done or come across someone who has built a box beside the tank just for the sump. My current stand can't fit a sump under it at least not my free 20 Gal tank. So should I just rebuild my tank stand to support the sump or build a little box beside my stand and put the sump in there?

This is my first sump so I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my established reef tank.

Also my tank is drilled. Should I take everything out and drill it or just use a HOB overflow? I have heard horror stories of the HOB overflows.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire