mardi 21 février 2017

Setting up a new tank with a ticking time bomb in my old

My 155 bow front mixed reef has a leak. Bottom front seam, not accessible under rim, poured faux concrete bottom making repair impossible. Leak is manageable about 2 gallons a day. Has been stable for a week. I am catching all the water (I think)

I was got a used 185G with all the trimmings but it was COVERED in hair algae. Came with about 300lbs of live rock. Cleaning, stand repair, plumbing, and flooring will take me about a month.

Probably half my bacteria in my old tank is in my porous faux bottom and agrocrete back wall - also not easily transferable because it is fitted and cemented in. The rock that came with the tank is nicer than mine if it was clean. Half is submerged in a trashcan with a heater, the other half is drying out because I am out of space.

I am not impatient but I don't know if I can chance 6 months of cooking rock followed by a tank cycle with an active leak that could go critical at any time . I have a lot of nice corals that I don't want to loose.

Any suggestions on the most expeditious way to do this without starting my new tank in a phosphate soup?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire