vendredi 24 février 2017

Salinity in tank is low - week 1 of cycle

So we are on week 1 of cycling of our 60 gallon tank.

The salinity level tested VERY low at 1.17 yesterday so I researched all day on the best way to raise it. Since the tank is cycling I didn't want to top it off with fresh salt water; however, I thought it would be best to remove a small percentage of the water and add salt water to it.

From what I read, most people are recommending to raise the level of salinity up only .01 per week, is that right?

After siphoning 10 gallons, raising the salinity to the recommended amount then adding it back in, the salinity level is at 1.19.

The tank currently has 25lbs of cured live rock and sand, a few tiny star fish, a tiny hermit crab, and a baby snail that hitchhiked in.

Do you all have any recommendations? Should I continue this procedure until it's at the desired level? I'm concerned about messing up the cycling process.

Thanks so much!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire