dimanche 19 février 2017

Newbie about to start my first build

Hello everyone, this is my first time ever posting on this forum. Iv read a lot of good things regarding this forum and I hope you gas and gals can help me through the process of setting up my first saltwater tank.

I have quite a bit of aquarium experience regarding freshwater planted aquariums. I also work as a biologist, so I can catch on to the biological talk pretty quick (again, specialize in freshwater ecology not marine).

I am going tomorrow after work to pick up the aquarium. I will be getting a 100 gallon long 72x18x18 with .5 inch glass. I found it on Craigslist local for $125.

I have quite a bit of equipment picked out, which I will include after this post in an equipment list.

I will be building everytime myself and from scratch for the most part.

I plan to drill and set the tank up with the herbie overflow method bc it's important to me the tank is quite, as it will be in my living room as a center piece.

I will be using a 55 gallon tank as my sump, which I have pretty much laid out in my head. Will explain later.

I want to do this right the first time bc I learned the hard way with planted tanks, I thought bc I knew stream ecology, I wouldn't have any issues with a planted tank and boy was I wrong. Now, they are beautiful and my livestock is thriving, But wasn't always like that haha. I want my first saltwater tank to succeed.

Just a little on my plans. Again, this is my first post ever and it's great to be here.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire