samedi 25 février 2017

HELP! Algae driving me to put the tank on the curb...

Hi All,
I have noticed problems with algae lately. I have always kept it under control.

I have a 94 gallon with about 50lbs LR, 2 inch LS bed.
1 bi color blennie
2 ocelarris clowns
6 pepp shrimp
2 cleaner shrimp
3 blue chromis
2 ignatus anthias

Nitrate 10-15-20 depending on the day, but it is 5 today.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
pH 8.2
Sal 1.025-1.026
Phosphate sometimes up to .1, mostly 0.0.
I used RO/DI water

3 little zoa colonies. 3 kenyas. 1 neon green sinularia.

The only thing new is I bought two of those 165 watt chinese LEDs that everybody talks about and recommends on here. The corals LOVE the new lights. ALSO: I experimented with Purple Up for a week or so. But I cut the dose in half of what it recommended. And I don't think I have used it 7 times. I returned the light and no longer use PurpleUp. I put my .5 watt LED canopy set back.

I get some purple on the sand on one side and on some rocks. And some green hair algae, which is not a lot and is actually pretty - but I know it needs to go.

I have been doing a lot of WC's. I manually remove the stuff, but it comes back. It looks like either cyano or velvet. I can't get it all. I suck up a lot of sand too.

Can I add new LS from the store if I do it in small doses?
The livestock seems happy.
I have shortened the length the lights are on and feed less. I have also dosed some PhosBuster.

ANY HELP OR TAKERS FOR THE TANK :cry::freak:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire