vendredi 22 janvier 2016

Can My Coral Be Saved?

Okay, so a couple days ago I was doing my weekly water change with Ro/Di water. I noticed my nitrate had elevated a little and I saw I had a bottle of Kordon Amquel Plus. I had bought it a couple years ago, but I don't remember the reason why, and I have only used it once at the time I had bought it. On the back it said it can reduce nitrates and other harmful stuff from your tank, and that it could be added to established tanks to maintain proper levels. I normally do not add anything like this to my tank, but I thought it might be okay. I was hesitant at first and I should have listened to that feeling, but I went ahead and added the correct amount for my tank size (a 55 gallon). Within a few hours I noticed my coral started to look funny. The next day my favia, acan, encrusting gorgonian, and kenya tree, looked perfectly fine (my gorgonian even looked happier), but my Montipora, xenia, zoanthids, and torch corals did not look so great, my xenia especially. The color of the montipora went from green to a lighter green with a brownish tint. My torch had closed back up. One of my zoanthids looked like it was deteriorating and loosing color in spots, and my xenia had shriveled up and turned a light white color with a light blueish tint. Today my xenia look even smaller and the polyps have changed to an odd looking texture. What should I do? Can they get better? Thanks for replies.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: sick montipora.jpg Views: N/A Size: 59.8 KB ID: 121315   Click image for larger version Name: sick xenia.jpg Views: N/A Size: 101.8 KB ID: 121316   Click image for larger version Name: sick torch.jpg Views: N/A Size: 80.9 KB ID: 121317  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire