dimanche 31 janvier 2016

White wormlike covering eye of Tang. HELP!!

Hi All,

I have been battling some infection/disease/parasite with all of my tangs. I originally purchased mimic tangs, naso tang, and powder brown tang. I eventually lost all four over a 3 week period. They all started out fine with each one grazing well, eating mysis and bloodworms, and the occasional seaweed sheet. Eventually they all developed white clouding and what appeared to be a wormlike protrusion from their eyes. They all eventually died and i scratched my head not sure why.

I also have a bi-color angel, three clowns, 2 bluefin damsels, engineer goby, sleeper gold head goby, three stripe damsel and a two stripe damsel. I have had most at least 5 months and a few 11 months. My aquarium has been up and running for almost a year. None of these fish have been affected by the issue the tangs have had. After the last wave of Tangs died I started dosing the food with a vitamin dose (Vitality by Seachem) every 4 days and a Medication (MetroPlex by Seachem) every 4-5 days. I tried this to see if I could get rid of anything hanging around from the last issue. I waited about a month before introducing any additional Tangs.

I also think it important to mention that I have many clean-up crew members, a sea hare, and banded coral shrimp. I also have a small colony of blue mushrooms.

I added a powder brown Tang 14 days ago and of course I have the white in the eyes thing happening again. I have attached several pictures of the tang and the issue. I am hoping that someone will be able to help me figure out the issue and a treatment option. Unfortunately I do not have a quarantine tank at my disposal. If anyone has any info and suggestions i would really appreciate it.

150 gallon, Coralife Turbo Twist UV Steralizer, Marineland reef led strip light x2, Marineland advanced led strip light x 2, Coralife Super Skimmer 220g. Two-Fishies Phosban Reactor 150g.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_5119.jpg Views: N/A Size: 121.0 KB ID: 121460   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_5117.jpg Views: N/A Size: 107.2 KB ID: 121461   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_5120.jpg Views: N/A Size: 121.0 KB ID: 121462  

Click image for larger version Name: IMG_5116.jpg Views: N/A Size: 114.2 KB ID: 121463   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_5113.jpg Views: N/A Size: 115.8 KB ID: 121464   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_5118.jpg Views: N/A Size: 120.8 KB ID: 121465  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire