dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Tank water testing much higher in calcium than fresh mixed sw.

So im wondering what could be bringing the calcium of my tank so high, 3 days pf testing and calcium stays anywhere between 450-465 calcium, alk around 8.5-9. I use salinity by aquavitro and test with red sea foundation pro test kit.

My question is could it be the test kit? My batch results on my bucket show ~400ppm calcium and 8.5 alk. I recently added rocks to my dt that were cooking in a bin of instant ocean salt, but could retained water within rock spike calcium? Should i only dose alk until cal drops? And what would be the perfect cal/alk ratio at an alkalinity of 8.5-9? If any of you advanced chemists out there could answer that last one.

Thanks for the help/info
Scott.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire